Aim Of Nari Niketan Trust
The first and foremost aim of Nari Niketan is to stop female foeticide by encouraging people to bring the unwanted child to the Nari-Niketan. The child/baby can directly enter the Nari Niketan or can be left in the cradle opening on the roadside of the wall of the Nari Niketan.
The Trust stands for moral, social, cultural and economic upliftment of women and children without any distinction of caste, creed or religion.
- It manages a group of institutions viz. Shishu Greh, Nari Nirman and AN Gujral Sr. Secondary School. It also conducts courses for education of adult women, Nutrition Programme through Balwadis, etc.
- It runs A. N. Gujral Sr. Secondary School to provide quality education for the poor students of Jalandhar.
- It manages Childline (1098), an initiative for children in distress, in close coordination with Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It also runs a charitable dispensary for the poor people in and around Jalandhar.
- It promotes Vocational Training and Self Employment among women.
- It encourages adoption of orphans and destitute children.
- It arrange marriages of inmates who attain marriageable age.
- It renders assistance and aid to the needy females and other persons.
- It gives prizes and awards to encourage social service.
- It encourages and broaden the ideals of national integration and social consciousness.